Monday, May 9, 2011

It’s the final countdown


It’s my last 4 days in Sevilla. This Friday I will be saying adios to Sevilla and hola to Barcelona to start my backpacking adventures!

Feria finished last night at midnight with a spectacular fireworks display. I headed up with Becky and her roommates to their rooftop to watch the show, the neon lights from the carnival rides glowing behind us as we looked towards the river anxiously awaiting the fireworks. Nothing like a good fireworks show to put me in a great mood. I was glad I got to see some fireworks while in Sevilla, something tells me the 4th of July isn’t big around here…

In other news, I ATE SNAILS!   Lauren, Britt, and I went out for our “congratulations-we-made-it-we-should-celebrate-with-a-last-dinner-together” dinner last night. We went to a place famous for their caracoles: snails. Well, it was a first experience and I ate at least 10 to prove that I wasn’t a baby but once one of those suckers fell out on my hand and I saw what the tail end looked like I can’t say I ate any more (not that I wanted to anyway). I actually let out a little girl scream when it fell on my hand where I promptly shook it off and watched it land on the guy sitting at the next table. Let’s just say I didn’t want to tell him “Sorry, Sir, I just flung snail on you” so I let it go. And lucky he never noticed the slime spot on his jacket sleeve…  But I get points for trying them right? They looked just like the garden snails that I would find when I was little. I was expecting something bigger and not as snail-like. Oh well, I guess I can cross that off the bucket list!  Eat snails: CHECK!

Emma starts her journey today. A 12 day cruise with Reuben throughout the Mediterranean Sea and then we meet up in Paris on May 25th. I wish her and Ru all the best on their travels and can’t wait to see them!

Well I guess I should start my studying for finals. But who really wants to study when you only have 3 days left in Sevilla? Answer: no one.  But who has too big of a conscious to let herself get away with not studying?  Answer: Me  - bummer. Books, papers, and study guides – it’s going to be a long night.
I love and miss you all  <3  At
Yes, you could even see their little eye feeler things...
I love ferris wheels - that's one thing I wish I had done during Feria!
Feria Fireworks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment