Friday, May 13, 2011

And so it has begun!

First stop: Barcelona!  I got here at 3 this afternoon and found the hostel which is situated right on the beach! Good planning, right? I walked along pedestrians paths and then up into the city's main plaza by way of Las Ramblas which is Barcelona's version of the Champs Élysées. I like the city so far, I haven;t seen to much of it yet but I'm not going to lie, tomorrow I will sight-see in the morning but in the afternoon I plan to plant myself on a beach. I am already exhausted (the last night in Sevilla was more of a cat nap then a night's sleep). 


(By the way, I can't get it out of italics.... sorry, I promise I'm not trying to write sideways)


Leaving Sevilla was bittersweet as my mom had predicted. Leaving Ana was hard. She was a great lady to live with and I really enjoyed getting to know her and her family. Our last night around 2am we took photos together. As usual, I wasn't dressed to the nines by any means but Ana got spruced up for it. We're talking lipstick, nice blouse, and flower in her hair. She's so cute! I am going to miss her dearly. 


In Barcelona today I found a giant fresh market. I bought pineapple and cherries to snack on tonight. Barcelona is known for its crazy nightlife so what am I going to do tonight? Go to bed as early as possible. In all honesty I am looking forward to just laying in bed starting at about 9:30 after a shower. I can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment