Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring has sprung + a story for you


Yesterday we were locked INTO our apartment building. I went to leave for class (luckily I was leaving extremely early so I could stroll through the park before class) and the door wouldn’t bug. So of course I trudge back upstairs to tell Ana that the door is broken. She assumes I just don’t know how to open the door (how did she think I exited the building the last 2 months?) and when she can’t open it either I was off to get our neighbor. Our neighbor is a woman of action. She came striding down the stairs screw driver and hammer in hand. This entire time I am just giggling away in the background as 2 elderly women are banging at the door with a hammer, making the loudest sound I have ever heard. They wouldn’t let me take a crack at it. Finally they let me try and I popped the screwdriver in between the doors, 2 whacks with the hammer, and presto! Open Sesame. I was off to the park to enjoy the park because Spring has SPRUNG!!!!
 
El Parque Maria Luisa is a giant park that was donated to the city of Sevilla by the Queen before the 1929 world exposition. The park borders Sevilla’s Plaza de Espana. I am not sure which is more impressive. Yesterday I went, camera in hand, to explore the park and take some pictures. I had tried to run in the park earlier yesterday morning but found it too distracting. I want to stop and smell the flowers, climb the hidden path up to a lookout point, and wander aimlessly down the paths that disappear into a deep green background. I’ve put up a few of my favorite pictures from my stroll through El Parque Maria Luisa. I have a feeling I will be spending a lot more of my time here. With such beauty only a 10 minute walk from my house I have to ask myself how anyone would want to stay inside. It’s sunny out, the flowers are blooming, and my own personal paradise lies just across the river. 

Locked IN  :)




This picture cost me a nasty scratch from the thorns on this bush. Worth it.



I love the climbing vines that snake up the pillars on this path. They form an overhead canopy. Beautiful!



The hidden lookout point. So cute!



One of many walkways that wind through the park Maria Luisa.



It looks like it's straight out of a fairy tale!



What a nice place to sit and chat with friends. I will have to do that soon!



Happy St Patty's day. I enjoyed it last night by grabbing a green cider after dinner with my friend Brittany and then headed to bed nice and early so I could get up and enjoy my day today!
Today is another gorgeous day in Sevilla and I am officially breaking out the bikini top and getting some sun today! I bought the sunscreen yesterday so I'm all set!  Tanning in winter = my kind of place! I love and miss you all and wish you could be here with me to enjoy the beauty, the laid-back culture, and the sun!   <3 At

No comments:

Post a Comment