Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day trip to Cadiz


Today I went to Cadiz (sound familiar from the Carnival post?) The city was much quainter without the extra million people packing every street, plaza and sidewalk. We had a walking tour around the city and after a short ice cream break (Ben & Jerry's! who knew they had them in Spain?!) we climbed the spiral -extremely steep- ramp up to the tower of the cathedral. What a view! You could see all of Cadiz which is surrounded by water on 3 sides. We finished the day with free time – aka BEACH TIME!!!

There is nothing better than the feeling of sand between your toes and the sun in your hair, the smell of the salt air and sound of the ocean as you drift off, warmed by the sun into an afternoon cat nap. Well, I take that back. What’s better? All of that PLUS JESTSKIS! Yes that’s right, jetskis. We made friends with 2 guys who had been making the Atlantic Ocean their own personal playground for an hour so we asked if we could grab a ride too. Antonio (different than the Cadiz Carnival Antonios 1&2) and his friend gave us rides. I told him I had one at our lake and I got to drive. And this was no wimpy jetski; this puppy was fast!!  We are talking turbo speed jetski. What fun! We got to see all of Cadiz while floating hundreds of meters offshore. No one else from our program can say that! 

After a couple hours at the beach we hopped the bus home and now post-shower and dinner I am going to curl up with my book and hit bed early so that I can wake up early again and go on a 9 mile hike tomorrow! I can’t wait! I’ll let you know all about it once I get back from that too! 

I miss and love you all  <3  At

You have to love jetskis combined with the amazing spanish hospitality!




This is what I think of when I think of Greece. I have never been there but anyone who has, does this look like it?



The girls 









A gnarly tree 
 haha get it? I made a pun!  (gnarly as in graneled lumpy and as in rad - if you needed it explained)



These bushes grow like this normally  ;)



So many mopeds zoom all around Spain - I want one, especially when it looks so cute under a rosebud tree!







No comments:

Post a Comment