Monday, May 23, 2011

A picture is worth a 1000 words - CT & Florence

The cliffs we jumped from. We jumped into the middle part where the water was nice and deep and clear of rocks. Our first jump was from half up the side closest to us. The next jump was at least 3/4th of the way up the other side. Exhilarating!
I officially love the Mediterannean
Cinque Terre, you have not seen the last of me  :)
Doing cartwheels at Pisa!
My favorite view of Florence from Michaelangelo's palace
view from the top of the duomo
Gusta Pizza = best local pizza joint in Firenze! The hostel guy was impressed that we knew about it, thanks to Kenzie's friend who studied there!
A baby drinking beer at Gusta Pizza! 
The oldest bridge in Florence has shops built into it. It is a cool place to stroll during the day and has an entirely different feel at night when a guy with a guitar sings for everyone.
A leather-making school in Florence. We meet the daughters of the guy who founded the school as a way of giving orphans a livelihood. The daughters had been working there for 40 years, their bags are now legendary and run for a hefty 2,000 euros if you want a fancy one!
A ceramics shop with a cool patio
The most intense sidewalk chalk I have ever seen.
David!  You are not allowed to take pictures so I had to sneak in a side view one instead of getting a good one from the front.
The note I found attached to my shoes which were dangling from a window in our Florence hostel. The Italian guy who was my bunk mate had put them out there for me.
We enjoyed our time in Florence and have loved Rome as well. I will keep you posted in the next couple days! Enjoy  :)  Miss you all!  Love, Attie

No comments:

Post a Comment